Kenneth J. Kress, MD
Dr. Kenneth J. Kress is a board-certified physician in orthopaedic surgery, and specializes in performing innovative adult hip and knee reconstructive surgery. He has treated patients in the Atlanta area for over 25 years, and provides minimally-invasive MAKOplasty robotic procedures for hip and knee replacement surgery, as well as comprehensive arthritic care management.
Dr. Kress has served as the Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at St. Joseph’s Hospital, has had his research published numerous times and has travelled the country to teach other surgeons and improve technique on hip and knee replacement surgery. He has received numerous awards, including Top Doc in Orthopaedic Surgery from Atlanta Magazine, 2010 – 2015; Castle Connolly, 2010 – 2015, 2017 - 2018; and Lifestyle Magazine, 2009, 2011 and 2012. He was awarded the highest physician of distinction award by his peers at St. Joseph's Hospital in Atlanta in 2012.
Dr. Kress sees patients in our Alpharetta and Cumming offices.
Education and Training
- Medical Education, Cornell University Medical College
- Internship, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, The Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
- Fellowship, Adult Knee Reconstruction, Resurgens Orthopaedics, PC
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Medical Association of Georgia
- Member, Atlanta Orthopaedic Association
- Northside Hospital Forsyth