Don Beringer, MD
Dr. Don C. Beringer is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and chronic joint pain of the hips, knees and shoulders while offering the latest therapies and surgical procedures to reduce joint pain, optimize function and restore patients’ quality of life. Dr. Beringer takes pride in helping patients become active participants and experts in their own musculoskeletal health and care. Specializing in outpatient total joint replacement, Dr. Beringer uses the latest in minimally invasive surgery, including anterior hip replacement, robot assisted hip and knee replacement, total and partial knee replacement and shoulder and reverse shoulder replacement, allowing patients to go home within hours of their surgery and with less pain. Additionally, Dr. Beringer is dedicated to advancing the understanding of complex surgical techniques and has published his research extensively. He serves as an associate editor for Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, a leading international orthopedic publication, and has served as an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery at Mercer University School of Medicine.
Dr. Beringer also works in collaboration with the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute (NHCI) to diagnose and treat tumors of the bone including bone metastases, sarcomas, bone malignancies and pathologic fractures.
Dr. Beringer sees patients in our East Cobb and Sandy Springs offices
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Akron City Hospital/St. Thomas Medical Center, Akron, OH
- Fellowship, Musculoskeletal Oncology & Reconstruction, University of Florida
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Medical Association of Georgia
- Member, Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Northside Hospital