Don Beringer, MD
Dr. Don C. Beringer is a board-certified physician in orthopedic surgery who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and chronic joint pain of the hip, knee and shoulder. Dr. Beringer takes pride in educating patients to be an active participant in their care and expert in their own musculoskeletal health, and serves patients with the latest therapies and surgical procedures to reduce joint pain, optimize function and restore quality of life. He specializes in outpatient total joint replacement, allowing patients to go home within hours of their surgery and with less pain, and uses the latest in minimally invasive surgery, including anterior hip replacement, robotic assisted hip and knee replacement, total and partial knee replacement and shoulder and reverse shoulder replacement.
In addition to providing patient care, Dr. Beringer is dedicated to advancing the understanding of complex surgical techniques and has published his research extensively. He serves as an associate editor for Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, a leading international orthopedic publication, and has also served as an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery at Mercer University School of Medicine.
Dr. Beringer sees patients in our Woodstock office
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Akron City Hospital/St. Thomas Medical Center, Akron, OH
- Fellowship, Musculoskeletal Oncology & Reconstruction, University of Florida
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Medical Association of Georgia
- Member, Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Northside Hospital Cherokee