Charles A. DeCook, M.D.
Dr. Charles DeCook is a board-certified physician in orthopaedic surgery who specializes in knee and hip replacements. Dr. DeCook has performed over 5,500 total joint replacements and 3,500 anterior hip replacements, and seeks to treat the patient as a whole to shorten recovery time after surgery. He considers each of his patients a part of his broader family and enjoys spending time with them and watching them improve after surgery.
As a thought leader in hip and knee replacement surgery, Dr. DeCook works with the industry, improving surgical techniques and designing implants and tools that result in better patient outcomes. He has travelled internationally to teach other surgeons and improve the technique of hip and knee replacements, and has served as a lecturer at some of the most esteemed symposiums in the world. He has been recognized for his excellent care, being awarded the Leaders in Joint Replacement award by Orthopaedics Today, and was name a Top Doc by Castle Connolly in 2017.
Dr. DeCook sees patients in our Cumming office
Education and Training
- Medical Education, Rush Medical College
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Residency, Family Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction, Anderson Clinic
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery & Family Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Northside Hospital Forsyth